student of life

Thursday, May 19, 2005

In a galaxy far, far away...

Well my morning started as early as I could allow it...6am, ridiculous hour to be up, but I remembered the mad crowd that was there the last time Palace dicided to pull this stunt with Matrix,and off to Sovereign I went.
From the road I could see a small crowd of people gathering by the shutter near the C and W shackand I decided to go around to the other side.As luck would have it this side was empty and surprise, surprise, the shutters were up.Hurridly walking under before anyone else discovered this little secret, I was stopped half way to the stairs (darn it) by a security guard who kindly asked me to wait on the other side.
On the other side the crowd stood up against the shutter as if they were in a concentration camp and they could smell freedom on the other side. Some took to grinding there feet in the ground like they were bulls about to charge. Thankfully this stopped after an hour and they realised the shutter was not going to spontaneously shoot up without warning and their only chance of getting to see the movie was if they trampled everyone in their way. At one point the cleaning crew came thru the shutter and the sound of the shutter moving up apparently invoked some animalistic insticts in people who tried to scrape under. Go figure. You'ld swear this movie contained the secrets of immortality, but only for the first 25 patrons (all they got was a free ticket each).
Moving on...
with a text book to keep me company (yeah, right) and texts from PJ and Hayden, I sat by the side until Hayden came and he pointed out Rohan, and the three of us sat together.
The guard came over to the shutter, looking quite terrified and started trying to reason with some of the guys pressed up against the metal. By the way, no...it was not crebs acting like this. After realising the gate HAD to go up at 8am for business to start, he pulled on the chain, the shutters came up, and they were off!With a mad dash down the passage and up the stairs the crowd went. Not as many people fell as you'ld expect. I personally expected to see more damage; after all, I got out of my bed at 6am, I deserved some form of amusement.
Gingerly I squeezed between the crowd, until I had reached the middle of the line and kindly informed the person who just reached in behind me that I was holding aspace for 3 other persons...it's good to be a girl.
So finally we reach inside and (skip advertisements and previews...Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Monster in law, and Madagascar look good) the movie starts.
15 minutes in I realise that I'm sitting beside "that guy". You all know him...the guy who has to laugh at all the one liners, and makes the swooshing sound when the light sabers are in motion. Yeah, now you remember, "that guy".
Well I'm not going to spoil the movie by telling y'all how it went (call me when you've watched it), but I will say that Mr. Lucas didn't do too badly with a movie that everyone (who has every the original Star Wars and Episode 2) already knows the plot. And although the trailers may feel like they give too much of the movie away, there is still much more than meets the eye.
Watch the movie, you should...good or bad, it's purpose it served.

9 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Keiran, at 3:35 pm  

  • I am going to try and see the movie tonight after work. Last night I rewatched Episodes IV and V (couldn't make it to VI). The critical response has not been as harsh as it was for I and II, so I'm hoping against hope. May the Force be with you.

    I almost forgot. Nicolette Chintipholus, can you please change your name on your furshlugginer profile from 'me' to something vaguely Christian so that people can know who the hell is posting and so that it don't look like everybody is commenting on dem owna blog?

    By Blogger Keiran, at 3:38 pm  

  • is this better dear?

    By Blogger me, at 4:05 pm  

  • You know, I love movies, I really do, but no day am I going to get out of bed and fight crowd dem ways to go see a movie. No matter what movie it is. I'll go the day after.

    Im going to rewatch Episodes I and II before I go see episode III. I have work all night tonight and tomorrow night. May just watch them then to keep awake.

    By Blogger Diallo Dixon, at 4:13 pm  

  • Don't worry, I didn't fight...I bobbed and weaved and made it in that line before alot of the people that took off in a mad dash.
    Truth be told, it's one of those experiences that you have to live for yourselves, like running with the bulls. It looks crazy but is weirdly enough fun/amusing.

    By Blogger me, at 4:43 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Diallo Dixon, at 11:41 pm  

  • OK, the name of "Nicolette Chintipholus" has served its purpose for now... cause I missed "me" and taking the me out of "me" just isn't me, so...

    By Blogger me, at 10:18 pm  

  • Lawd 'ave mercy...

    By Blogger Rae, at 11:33 am  

  • This is very interesting site... » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home