student of life

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I visited my second home today;
sat on the stage while reading my notes,
Enjoying the comfort of my familiar surroundings
This place where I made friends and family.
This place I can't let go.

I visited a friend today.
We spoke at lengths about God and love,
Homelands and carnival,
Sports and little pygmy-like creatures with high pitched voices dancing around a forest.
We spoke softly at first, then louder as we got deeper in conversation.
We disagreed at times, but in the end we always made music.

I visited a part of me today.
A part I'm not ready to give up, I'm not sure if I ever will be.
The new path in for my life questions how to stay and go at the same time.
I have the will so somehow I will find the way.
Until then, I know my home will always be waiting to welcome me.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home